A recoupment will start to receive royalties from selected releases in the royalty period after those releases are added. On the recoupment menu page, there are two columns related to recoupment progress:
- Total Expenses. This shows recouped earnings out of total recoupable expenses.
- Recoupment Progress. This shows the percentage of total recoupable expenses that have been recouped so far.
The recoupment hub page shows additional detail about recoupment progress. Once royalties start recouping, then the Progress card will show:
- Recoupment Amount. Recouped earnings out of total recoupable expenses.
- Remaining. The remaining amount that needs to be recouped out of total recoupable expenses.
- Progress Bar. This shows the percentage of total recoupable expenses that have been recouped so far.
To view earnings by royalty period, click the View Recouped Earnings button. This will open a pop-up that shows a breakdown of recouped earnings by royalty period.
Royalty Summary and Details
You may see additional details about recouped earnings in the Royalties section. Navigate to Royalties ► Royalty Summary.
Once on the Royalty Summary page, click to view more details either by:
- Clicking View Details on a card for a royalty period
- Clicking View Multiple Periods and selecting a date range
Once on the Royalty Details page, navigate to the SplitShare tab. The SplitShare tab will show five columns:
- Artist Name. The name of the artist or other contributor
- Payee Account #. The Symphonic account number for the contributor, if they are enrolled in SplitShare. If the contributor is not enrolled, then this column will show "Not Enrolled". Some contributors will have a yellow warning icon next to the payee account number. This icon indicates that the contributor was only enrolled for part of the selected time period.
- Artist Earnings. The contributor’s earnings based on the entered splits and relevant track royalties for the selected time period. Please note that splits must be set to calculate artist earnings.
- Recouped Earnings. Any earnings that were recouped for that contributor.
- Transferred via SplitShare. The earnings that were transferred to the contributor’s Symphonic account.
- The Transferred via SplitShare column will sum to the SplitShare line item in your account balance for the selected period.
- If a contributor is enrolled in SplitShare, then the Transferred via SplitShare will be equal to Artist's Earnings minus Recouped.
- Please note that the contributor must be enrolled in SplitShare for earnings to be transferred. Otherwise, the earnings will remain with your account.
Please note that a contributor can be subject to recoupment prior to enrolling in SplitShare. If this is the case, they will still appear in the SplitShare tab with values for both Artist Earnings and Recouped. Because they are not enrolled in SplitShare, then the Transferred via SplitShare will be equal to $0.
Article is closed for comments.