If you're looking for instructions on how to manage your artist profile and assets with each particular retailer, you've come to the right place.
Verify Your Label Account
For verifying a label account, you can submit a request to Spotify here. If you don't hear back from them after a few weeks or you're having issues with verification, don't hesitate to hit them up on Twitter with @SpotifyCares and provide them with information they request for verification.
Verify Artist/Band Account
The verified artist program is becoming a part of Spotify for Artists. All artists who have access to their Spotify for Artists profile will automatically get the verified check on their artist page. Fan Insights is now Spotify for Artists and they’ve integrated everything onto one platform. You can also manage your profile through Spotify for Artists. Click here for simple instructions on how to do so.
If your album is incorrectly listed on another artist page or you see an album credited to you that does not belong to you, please go to this article.
Beatport Artist Page
Every artist has the possibility of getting an artist page with Beatport. The requirements are basic but still very important. First, the photograph MUST BE a professional artist photograph 590×404 JPG and you should also include an artist bio as well. If these two requirements are met and you have music being sold on Beatport, then you can visit this website to submit your artist picture. The same procedure has to be done if you wish to change it. Click here to update yours!
Beatport Label Page
Similarly to the Artist Page, you can also have your label profile updated as well. In this case, you will need your picture requirement of Tile Image (500×500.) If you are interested in updated yours, click here.
iTunes & Apple Music
- You must have an account with Symphonic in order for us to change this image on your behalf
- Video-distribution-only clients will not be able to change their photo through Symphonic unless they distribute their audio content as well
- Banners are a curated service by Apple and are only available for mainstream artists
iTunes & Apple Music are separate services, but share the same artist image. Artist Images have some requirements:
- You must first submit a release to iTunes/Apple Music via Symphonic with that artist as a primary artist
- Provide the UPC for the release you submitted to Apple via Symphonic
- Images must be .jpg files, square, 2400 x 2400 pixels, in the RGB color space, and at least 72 DPI. Do not upscale. Only upload images you can legally share worldwide are accepted
- Images must meet Apple's template guidelines which can be found here. This will require Photoshop editing and must be exported as JPG or PNG with no transparency
Once everything is ready, please login as a Symphonic client and create a ticket with the picture in the format specified as well as your artist name as it appears on iTunes and a UPC for a release they have released with Symphonic onto iTunes/Apple Music.
Note: (By uploading images you agree each image is lawful and you have cleared all necessary rights (such as publicity rights, copyrights, and trademarks) for worldwide use by Apple to display them in the iTunes Store and related materials, and deliver them to end users for display in iTunes and related software, in association with artist’s music)
Claiming your Apple Music Profile
1. Click on the “Learn more about Connect for artists” link then on “Get started“
2. Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
3. Click on the “+” sign for adding an artist and search for your artist name
4. Select your role (artist, band member, manager) and fill out the fields. If you don’t have a manager or label, just enter your own information for both.
5. Click “Submit”
6. You will soon receive an email confirmation.
Once your submission is approved you can log back in and start posting from your artist account.
Note: You must have an account with Symphonic and have distributed a video to VEVO with Symphonic for us to change this image!
Please send an email to email@example.com, attach your artist image & banner image, and also list your VEVO channel name and URL.
The artist image must meet these requirements:
- Be at least 5,000 x 5,000 pixels at 72dpi
- High quality (no signs of compression on the image)
- Centered with some space away from the edges
- This should be a photo of just the artist, it cannot have any text or logos on it and also cannot be album artwork
The banner image must meet these requirements:
- Must be 2560 x 1440 pixels and must fill the whole image
- Keep any text or logos within the “Text and Logo Safe area (1546x423)" specified in the template found here
Note: You must have an account with Symphonic and have distributed to YouTube Music for Symphonic to update this image!
To update your YouTube Music image please login to your Symphonic account and send a help request with the following:
- An image meeting these requirements (5120 x 2880)
- Your Artist Name
- A UPC for your artist distributed by Symphonic to YouTube Music
- A link to the content live on YouTube Music
You can follow the link here:
1. Have one of the following: a verified Twitter, Facebook or 1,000 followers on SoundCloud.
Artist images can be updated via the distributor; you can send a request to Symphonic (if you're a client of ours) by opening a support request at our help desk with the following information and attachments:
- Artist name
- Link to current artist page
- UPC for a release by the artist
- Artist image at least 3840 pixels wide AND 2880 pixels tall, artist face must be in the upper half of the image, centered horizontally
Google Play Music
If you’ve chosen to distribute on Google Play through Symphonic Distribution, you can claim your store page for free, saving you the $25 fee for page creation.
* Visit http://play.google.com/artists
* Search for your artist page
* See it? Claim it for $0
* Not there? Make sure you’ve opted to distribute on Google Play
Note: You must have an account with Symphonic for us to change this image!
Artist Images must be .jpg, .png or .jpeg files, square, a minimum of 500 x 500 pixels, in the RGB color space, and at least 72 DPI. There is a maximum size of 3MB per photo. Do not upscale. Only upload images you can legally share worldwide are accepted. To change your artist profile image, please login as a Symphonic client and create a support request with:
- The picture in the format specified (500x500 .jpg)
- Your artist name as it appears on Deezer
- The current URL for the artist on Deezer or the artist ID on Deezer
- The UPC for a release you submitted to Deezer via Symphonic.
Note: You must have an account with Symphonic for us to change this image!
Artist Images must be .jpg, .png or .jpeg files. The preferred format is 1080x720 with group members close together, alternatively a square image can be used at a minimum of 1500 x 1500 pixels. To change your artist profile image, please login as a Symphonic client and create a support request with the picture in the format specified as well as your artist name as it appears on Tidal and provide the UPC for a release you submitted to Tidal via Symphonic.
You are able to instantly publish DJ Charts and update both Artist and Label pages directly from their Entity account label system.
An Entity Account is a self administration system which allows artists & labels to take control and manage their page biographies, press images and publish DJ Charts on the site.
To get access, you can request an entity account HERE
If you have a direct account, these functions are already available to you. You can perform the following functions for any artists or labels associated with your catalog:
- Instantly publish DJ charts to Traxsource
- Update artist page bios and images
- Update label page bios and logos
If you have any questions, hit up firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently iTunes, Spotify, iHeartRadio as well as a few other partners pull their biography information exclusively from AllMusic.
They have an editorial team that takes information provided to them and creates biographies that are then used by these partners on the associated artist pages. There is no guarantee that your submission to them will be used by their editorial team for the production of editorial content. Per AllMusic priority is determined by "current popularity, historical or artistic importance, and the needs of our data licensees.”
Information on how to submit can be seen here. Alternatively, a physical mail submission can be sent to the address provided. AllMusic takes a pretty long time and sometimes, it may not work, but we can only recommend that you follow their instructions and submit with the hopes of being accepted.