Deliver the album’s original cover art, and don’t use generic art templates. Don’t use art that doesn’t match the album you’re delivering. The same image can not be used for different releases.
Your release cover art should be in the following specification. This is a requirement by the many partners we work with.
- a minimum size of 3000 x 3000 pixels (a perfect square)
- a minimum resolution of 72dpi (we recommend 300dpi)
- RGB color mode (CMYK will not show up correctly)
- JPEG file format
- Do not send us thumbnails, .png files or images smaller than the requested size.
Is there anything that is NOT allowed on my release cover art?
- The Image must be specific to the release you are submitting, but you can re-use the same image, as long as it doesn't misrepresent the release.
- Do not put release time frames such as new release, exclusive, or out xx/xx or anything involving time frames on the artwork
- The image can not use UPC barcodes or QR codes.
- Quality. Images must not be blurry, pixelated, mismatched, misaligned, rotated, incorrect, or have other quality issues.
- Art must not contain URL website addresses, logos, or any other reference to any Digital Service Provider or external site logo or link.
- Art must not contain the the term “Exclusive”
- References to Physical Packaging or Retailers. Art must not include references to the physical packaging (for example, CD or cassette) or any other retailers.
- Digital Product. Art must not include references to it being a digital product.
- Pricing. The art must not include references to pricing, including “Reduced Price,” “Low Price,” “Available for $9.99,” “For Promo Use.,” "Free," or "Available for Streaming/Download."
- Pornography. Art must not contain pornography or a URL for a website that contains or links to pornography.
- Up-selling. The art must not up-sell to another product.
- Misleading. The art must not be misleading (for example, prominently depicting or referencing an artist even though the artist does not perform on the album).
- Missing Content. Art must not contain references to content that the album doesn't contain, such as “included DVD” or “includes lyrics.”
- Tribute albums where the name of the original artist is as large or larger than the performing artist
- Cover tracks. Artwork must not contain the name of the original performer.
Article is closed for comments.