Applying for Sync Licensing

Any Symphonic client can apply to be considered for our Sync Licensing service. Our service, Bodega Sync is open to accept any genres although we will not be able to approve everyone given the complex nature of Sync Licensing. Once approved, a deal notice will be sent for you to agree and once approved you'll receive instructions on how to submit content to us.

How do I submit music for licensing?

There is a separate submission process aside of you submitting music through the SymphonicMS which is how your music is submitted for distribution. Once approved with Bodega, you will receive submission instructions. Apply here

Can I submit for licensing if I'm not a Symphonic Distirbution client?

Yes! You do not have to be a Symphonic client to apply! That said, we hope you do consider us for Distribution as well!

Can I submit for licensing if I'm not with a PRO?

We can only submit your material if we have your:

  • Songwriter & ownership information
  • Performing Rights Organization CAE number

This information is essential for pitching your material. It ensures that you are compensated additional songwriter royalties (such as performance or writer shares) aside of any Sync Licensing advances that would come from using our service.

You can click here to apply to our Publishing Administration service (partnered with Songtrust) which will get your music registered across various societies and give you a CAE # that you can then use to submit your material for Sync Licensing.

How much does this cost?

There is no up front cost to get your music placed on TV shows, commercials, movies, and more. There is a 30% fee that we retain for all placements. In various cases, if you do not have publishing setup we can discuss the ability of representing you for these rights.


Was this article helpful?
3 out of 4 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request



Article is closed for comments.