In addition to Vevo, TIDAL, and Apple Music, Facebook Premium Music Videos (PMVs) is now a top partner offered with our base video distribution plan.
How to opt-in to Facebook PMVs on my artist profile?
The owner or manager of the Facebook account will need to opt-in to having PMVs published on their page. You can opt-in at any time.
- Navigate to the Music Videos section of the artist’s Page Settings.
- Once you land on the Music Videos section of the artist’s Page Settings, click the blue button titled Add Music Videos to My Page to opt-in.
- After clicking the Add Music Videos to My Page button, make sure you tick the box next to the Automatically share all new music videos to your Page’s timeline setting. Sharing an artist’s new music videos to their timeline can help people discover the artist’s videos in their News Feed and ultimately bring those viewers to their Page.
Where can fans watch PMVs on Facebook?
There are several destinations across Facebook where users can discover, watch, share, and interact with your artists' music videos in the US:
- The Videos tab on the artist's page.
- The new music video destination on Facebook Watch.
- Users will see music videos surface on their News Feed.
- Users can share PMVs to their own profile or other surfaces like Groups.
- PMVs will also be discoverable in Search.
Will PMVs be monetized?
All PMVs delivered to Facebook will be monetized under your agreement with Symphonic.
Official video streams from Facebook will also be added to the data that informs the Billboard Hot 100, Billboard 200, Artist 100, and Billboard Global 200 charts, and all other Billboard U.S. and global charts that include streaming data. Please note that Premium Music Videos (PMVs) are only available in the US. Facebook video plays will be categorized as ad-supported streams and represent activity solely within the U.S. In addition, Facebook videos will be included in the ‘Others’ data bucket under Video within MRC Data’s Music Connect platform. If you or your artist(s) have opted-in but are currently not auto-sharing new videos to their feed, now is a great time to activate this feature. This is a great way to drive additional visibility and discovery for your music videos on Facebook.
Will back catalog music videos be delivered?
If you have distributed a music video with us in the past, you can opt-in to Facebook Premium Music Videos for that particular video without paying a new distribution fee.
Symphonic has been steadily delivering our extensive video distribution library to Facebook PMVs. However, if you do not see your back catalog video live on Facebook yet, please contact email@example.com and provide the below information in the email so we can deliver it to Facebook PMVs for you:
- Artist name
- Video title
- Video ISRC
- Video UPC
- Track audio ISRC
- URL to Official Artist Page on Facebook (NOTE: we cannot deliver to private Facebook profiles, only public Facebook artist pages)
NOTE: The above back catalog delivery option is only open to Symphonic clients who have previously distributed a video with us and want that video delivered to Facebook PMVs. For any new video delivery, please submit a video distribution application and select the Base plan to deliver your new video to Facebook PMVs.
Will PMVs be available in other countries?
Currently, full-length PMVs will only be available on Facebook in the US and Mexico. Full-length PMVs will also be made available in the US and Mexico on Facebook Messenger, Portal, and Oculus at a later date. Please note that full-length PMVs will not be available on Instagram and WhatsApp.
What if I already uploaded my music video separately to Facebook?
Your video will be separate and cannot be merged with the new Premium Music Video delivery. Thus, both versions will exist, and views and comments will not be merged.
Where will PMVs live if an artist doesn’t have a Facebook Page?
PMVs will only be published to one primary artist page. If a PMV has equal billing between two or more artists, the PMV will be published on the Page of the first artist listed.
What happens if an artist creates a Facebook Page after their PMVs have already been published to the Page created by Facebook?
Notify Symphonic about the new Page, and we'll make sure all PMVs are migrated over. View counts will remain, but comments, reactions, and shares will not be carried over.
If you have any further questions, feel free to submit a request under the video distribution category.