This article will cover how to access the artist statements page, enter splits, add expenses, and download reports.
The artist statements feature helps you calculate artist payments by enabling you to:
- See how much each of your artists earned.
- Enter revenue splits and expenses for them.
- Download royalty statements that accurately reflect how much your artists are owed.
Accessing Artist Statements
Login to the SymphonicMS and navigate to Royalties ► Artist Statements.
You’ll land on a page displaying a table containing all of your artists with their split status and earnings for the selected period, based on the splits and expenses entered.
- Artist Share: Amount of the track earnings allocated to the artist, based on their splits.
- Expenses: Expenses entered for the artist.
- Artist Total: Royalty amount owed to the artist (this is the number you should use when paying your artist).
- Status: An Incomplete status means at least one of the artist’s tracks needs splits entered. A Complete status means all of that artist’s tracks have splits.
To change an artist’s status from Incomplete to Complete, click on an artist to access their details page.
Click on an artist to access their details page. Here you'll be able to:
- Download reports and view a summary of their earnings.
- Add expenses.
- Update Incomplete tracks.
- View and update Complete tracks.
The Incomplete Tracks section displays all tracks the artist is a participant on that still need splits entered. The tracks are grouped by their track artists.
To enter splits one track at a time, click on the track directly in the table. This opens the Edit Splits page for that single track.
To enter splits for multiple tracks at a time, click Bulk Edit Splits. This brings you to the Bulk Edit Splits page where you can enter splits line-by-line in the table for the tracks you want to update, or use the Bulk Input tool to populate all tracks at once:
- Click the Bulk Input button.
- Enter splits in the Bulk Input section.
- Click Input for All.
Once the percentages entered total 100%, you can save these splits, and the tracks will be Complete. After saving, you’ll see a success message confirming the number of tracks updated.
To enter an expense for an artist, click on the +Add Expense button in the Expenses section. Fill out the description and amount, and select Save. The Reporting Period the expense is applied to will always default to the period selected. Change the Reporting Period to enter an expense for a different period.
In the Statements drop-down, you can download royalty reports to send to your artists and help determine how much money you owe each of them.
NOTE: The royalty reports are most useful and accurate when splits have been entered for all of an artist’s tracks, and their status is Complete
There are three report options:
- Artist Statement: A PDF statement outlining the artist’s earnings by track, expenses, and total royalties owed.
- Earning Details: An in-depth CSV report that breaks out the artist’s earnings at a stream level.
- Expenses Details: A CSV download of the artist’s expenses.