With all of the buzz around other platforms, such as Spotify and SoundCloud, YouTube is often overlooked as just a video streaming service. However, YouTube is the biggest music streaming service in the world. In turn, the large share of music streams coming from YouTube makes it essential for every artist/musician to create their presence on the platform and to do so correctly.
Click here to download our Complete Guide to YouTube for the Music Industry.
Follow these essential tips and tricks to get the most out of your YouTube uploads:
Utilize YouTube Cards
Cards are basically annotations that pop up on your videos. You can customize what the cards say and where they link to.
Use cards to:
- Build brand awareness by linking to your website
- Promote music sales on iTunes, Spotify, Beatport, etc. by including your song link
- Boost ticket sales for your upcoming show by including your ticket site link
- Nurture your other YouTube content by linking to individual videos or playlists
How do I get ads on my YouTube videos?
The YouTube Partner Program allows users to monetize their videos uploaded
on the platform. After becoming a partner, YouTube will place advertisements on videos you upload while paying the user based on how many views the video receives.
Follow this link to apply to join the YouTube Partner Program.
What types of ads can I get?
Video Discovery Ads:
Video Discovery Ads are ads that show up when searching for a video, on the
YouTube homepage, and the sidebar for related videos.
In-Stream ads are ads that play right before your videos begin.
Symphonic YouTube Optimization Services
The YouTube Optimization service is a marketing service provided by Symphonic to enhance all aspects of your YouTube channel and videos by giving your YouTube channel a professional look and feel based around your personal brand.
To accomplish this, Symphonic will analyze your overall brand, content, and KPI’s based on your YouTube channel, website, social media presence to develop a custom strategy that fits your needs and increases the visibility of your videos.
To learn more, click here.
Use an eye-catching thumbnail
- Use a close up of another person’s face. Using an image of a person making eye contact with you gives a subtle visual cue of connection and draws the viewer in.
- Choose an image that relates to the content. If it’s a music video, choose a thumbnail that matches what the video is about. Uninformative thumbnails can upset viewers and lose their trust which can prevent them from ever viewing your videos again,
- Consistency is key. When uploading content such as a weekly vlog use thumbnails that share similarities with each other to keep your brand and content consistent.
- Select an image that conveys some sort of emotion. Music is a very emotional form of art and choosing a thumbnail that conveys emotion can trigger feelings in a viewer and pull them in.
Encourage viewers to share your videos
Having a CTA (Call-to-Action) at the end of your video, within your description, and in social sharing is a highly effective way to get new viewers and current followers to share your video content.
By telling your viewers to simply like, subscribe, share, or provide feedback, you are directly interacting with them and doing so drastically improves your chances of getting more views.
If you’re interested in earning money from YouTube, you can learn more about
Symphonic’s YouTube Monetization service here.
If you’re already using our YouTube Monetization service and are interested in increasing your video’s potential and visibility, our YouTube Optimization service is the perfect resource to check out.
Learn more about our YouTube Optimization services here.