Am I better off going to a distributor outside of the USA?

No. If there is a distributor based in Germany and/or the UK and you are in another country outside of those, say, the United States, Spain, Australia, etc., you would have the same situation and dilemma.

Taxes on royalties are determined by the relationship that a country has with another country. There are "tax treaties" in which there are arrangements between countries that determine how much of a royalty should be withheld to be paid thus, if you are dealing with a USA company and they are requiring you to have proper tax documentation and a W8-BEN, then it would be the same thing outside of the USA only that you'll have potentially different withholding on your royalties and fill out different forms.

No matter which part of the world you are in, taxes are a given and there is no company exempt from it in any way shape or form when making payments to you.

Was this article helpful?
2 out of 3 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request



Please sign in to leave a comment.