The requirements to complete these forms are imposed by the U.S. government, and U.S. taxing authorities. Every distribution company, retailer such as Beatport or iTunes, and/or any company doing business in the USA and/or abroad has to abide by tax rules and regulations. There is no way around it.
Articles in this section
- International Taxes
- Impuestos internacionales (Spanish)
- Are royalties subject to taxes?
- Do I need to submit my tax information to receive payment?
- Why does Symphonic require tax forms to be completed?
- Who else has these regulations and requires these forms?
- What Is An EIN?
- Do I need a EIN or ITIN?
- How do I apply for an EIN or TIN?
- What is a W8-BEN?