Do I have to complete a W-8BEN form if my label/company is not registered in the U.S.?

Agreements with Symphonic can be completed for non-U.S. based labels without completing a W-8 form, however if we do not receive a completed tax form we are required to deduct U.S. withholding tax at the full rate of 30% from all your payments.  If you are based outside the U.S. and are not a U.S Citizen you must submit a valid U.S. Internal Revenue Service W-8 tax form to take advantage of any tax treaty rates.  You should consult your in-house tax department or an outside tax advisor to determine which W-8 form you are required to complete.

Was this article helpful?
3 out of 4 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request



Please sign in to leave a comment.