What determines what U.S. tax form I need to complete?

Because you are based in the USA, you are technically an independent contractor if you are a business or individual that is selling or having their music streamed and thus, are only required to send us, Symphonic a W9 file with your valid EIN and/or Social Security number. At the end of a year, if we've paid you royalties you would receive a 1099-MISC with the field of "Royalties" filled in with a number. That number is what you would use for your taxes. Our tax information would also be included for your records.

To close, by law, the only tax form we're required to receive from you is a W9 based on the above criteria.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request



Please sign in to leave a comment.