With Symphonic, you can distribute Singles, EPs, and Albums to digital partners. Symphonic cannot control how the partners group and format their content. Our release version field automates a classification; however, this data is not sent to partners. Check out how partners classify releases below!
Your release will be classified as a single if:
- The release is one to three (1-3) tracks
- The release is under 30 minutes total, and all individual tracks are less than 10 minutes
-Releases that meet the requirements above will automatically have “- Single” inserted in the release title within the iTunes platform.
-As a default, tracks will be sold for $0.99 on iTunes (if they are less than 10 minutes).
-If a single track is 10 minutes or longer, iTunes will automatically sell the release at an album price.
Your release will be classified as an EP if:
- The release has a total of two to three (2-3) tracks, one or more of the tracks is/are 10 minutes or longer, and the entire release is less than 30 minutes
- The release has a total of four to six (4-6) tracks, and the entire release is less than 30 minutes.
-If your release meets the above requirements and you do not have "EP" in the title of your album, iTunes will automatically insert "EP" in the title when delivering your album to the partner.
Your release will be classified as an Album if:
- The release has seven (7) or more tracks
- The release has one to six (1-6) tracks but is over 30 minutes
A release consisting of tracks from various artists or a release consisting of mainly tracks from various previously released products by one or more artists must be specified as a compilation.
You can select 'Compilation' under Release Details.
Common types of compilations are:
- Greatest Hits Compilations
- Best of Compilations
- Singles Collections
- B-Side Collections
- Radio Sessions Compilations
- Box Sets
- Anthologies (Or Retrospective Albums)
- Mixtape Playlists by Various Artists
- Themed Compilations by Various Artists (Christmas Songs, Rock Hits, 80's Power Ballads, etc.)