Unfortunately, this may happen from time to time. Occasionally, artists share similar or the same names, and DSPs may sometimes automatically place content under the wrong profile. We've created this process to help fix any issues, but we wanted to point out a method for preventing it in the future.
How to correct artist mapping on Spotify and Apple
To have your releases link to the proper artist profile at Spotify and Apple, follow these steps:
1. Log in to the Symphonic MS and navigate to Distribute ► Artists
2. Select an existing artist and edit their details or Add artists if they are new.
3. Follow the instructions in the Partner IDs section to obtain each partner link.
4. Paste the appropriate link and click Verify Artist Link per partner. This validates that the artist's name that we have matches the artist's name that the partner has. We will warn you if it does not match.
5. Check that the preview showing is for your artist. We show the artist's name and their most recent release for you to confirm this is the correct artist. If everything looks good, save!
6. If the release(s) was already delivered to DSPs, go to the release under Distribute ► Releases ► Submitted releases, select the Edit button, and re-submit the release once again.
Here is an instructional video on how to do this.
What if my artist doesn't have a page on a platform yet?
If this is the first release for your artist and you need an artist page created, you can select the option for "No, I need an artist page created" to request a new page.
Once your release(s) are live on the platforms for this new artist, you will need to go back and edit the profile with the new artist page URLs. This will allow us to deliver the artist to the correct page moving forward.
What if the name at the partner is different from what is in the SymphonicMS?
To properly tell the partner that a release belongs to a specific artist page, we need to ensure the names line up exactly. If the names differ in any way, you may need to create a new artist under the SymphonicMS with the correct name from DSPs.
What about my older catalog?
Your older catalog may need to be redelivered to a partner (Spotify & Apple) if you have recently updated an artist URL in the SymphonicMS. Reach out to our support team by creating a help request and let them know which releases need to be redelivered to Spotify & Apple to get them fixed.
My releases are still on the wrong artist page for Spotify
This may be the case from time to time. To correct this, please reach out directly to their team at Spotify for Artists or click here to submit a request to Spotify.
If you need your artist page corrected on partners other than Spotify and Apple, please submit this form (Form Below)
Fill out the form below if your content is incorrectly attributed to an artist page or if there are releases on your artist page that are not yours. You must ensure this is 100% correct before submitting it. If it is inaccurate, it will delay your fix and possibly prevent it from happening. Further, please do not submit this form more than once for the same request.