Symphonic's Comprehensive Mastering Service
Symphonic has a Comprehensive Mastering service to help elevate your sound at a low cost. Our engineers have over 10 years of production experience spanning recording, mixing, and mastering. The team have worked as producers and engineerd in the EDM, Latin, and Hip Hop fields and additionally have mixed and mastered Rock, Alternative, and other genres ensuring that you will have the right sound for your project.
- Universal Audio Apollo Interface
- UAD-2 Powered Plugins
- Adam A7X Studio Monitors
- Yamaha HS8S Subwoofer
- Treated Control Room
What is mastering?
Mastering is a post production process of preparing your music tracks and providing the final touches for equalization, stereo configuration, compression, and more. Professional equipment and the trained ear of an experienced sound engineer are necessary to provide the proper sound that gives music its heart and soul, so without mastering your music isn't living up to its full potential. In short, mastering is a decisive gateway between the creation and consumption of your music.
Our mastering process
Once you've finished recording or mixing your tracks you can place an order for our mastering service here. On that page, you can get additional information on how to prepare your masters, previews, and much more.
Preparing your pre-masters
To prepare for our Comprehensive Mastering, it is very important that what you deliver to us is in the appropriate specifications for our engineer to properly finish your project:
- Bit Rate: 16bit or 24bit
- File Formats: WAV or AIFF
- Sample Rates: 44.1khz, 48khz, 88.2khz or 96khz
Additional and important suggestions:
- Ensure they truly are the final mixes! Ensure you are happy and completely satisfied with the mixes.
- Leave a small amount of silence at the beginning of the track and ensure the tracks fade out smoothly.
- Ensure your files are not clipping/going over 0dB on the master fader!
- We believe it is fine to leave certain master fader processing enabled, removing any compression and limiting would be appreciated. It is impossible to “undo” any over-compression or limiting! If you feel, however, that limiting and/or compression on the master is crucial to your music, we are happy to discuss.
- Ensure the files contain no errors; check them after rendering.
- Label the mixes correctly; correct track number order, track and artist names should be included in the filename for easy organization. These can, however, be changed in mastering if need be.
Do you only offer mastering services for specific genres?
We can master music for any genre! Whatever style it is, our engineers have the experience to work it.
Can I provide direction on mastering my track?
Certainly. During the order process, you have the ability to supply us with instructions.
How do I order?