When you have a custom URL, you can give people a short, easy-to-remember web address to find your YouTube channel (like youtube.com/c/creatoracademy). The URL options you can select from are based on things like your display name, your YouTube username, any current vanity URLs that you have, or the name of your linked website. Sometimes, you may need to customize the URL by adding letters and numbers to make it unique to you.
Once selected, your audience can reach your channel by navigating to either youtube.com/c/creatoracademy or youtube.com/creatoracademy (note that we are using the Creator Academy channel as an example here, your URL will be unique to your channel). Both URLs will redirect to your channel homepage.
Important: You can’t change your custom URL after you create it, so be sure you are comfortable with your choice before you finalize it.
To get a custom URL for your channel, your account needs to be in good standing and meet a few other requirements:
- 500 or more subscribers
- Channels is at least 30 days old
- Channel has uploaded a photo for the channel icon
- Channel has uploaded channel art
You can also qualify for a custom URL by linking and verifying your official webpage with your channel or +Page.
Get a Custom URL for your channel
Once you’ve qualified for a custom URL, you’ll see a notice in your advanced account settings, you’ll receive an email notification, and you may see a notification in your Creator Studio dashboard.
To get your custom URL:
- Sign in to YouTube and navigate to your advanced account settings.
- In the Channel settings area, look for the notice to claim your custom URL and click the included link.
- You’ll be redirected to claim a custom URL.
- You’ll see the custom URL(s) you’ve been approved for. These cannot be changed. You may also need to add a few letters or numbers to make the URL unique to you.
- Click the box next to “I agree to the Terms of Service” then click Change URL in the bottom left corner.
- This URL will be linked to both your YouTube channel and your Google+ identity. Once your URL has been approved, you cannot request to change it. When you're certain, click Confirm choice.
Change capitalization or accents of your custom URL
If you want to change the capitalization or accents/diacritics of your custom URL, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Google+. Place your cursor in the top left corner for the Google + main menu and then select the page or profile associated with your channel
- Click the About tab, and under Links > Google+ URL, click Edit.
- A box will appear allowing you to make edits to the formatting.
Remember, you can only change the capitalization and diacritics of the URL, not the URL itself.
Follow, Like & Listen to Symphonic Distribution //