No, you cannot register covers of works within your Songtrust account. This is because Songtrust only collects on behalf of the composition, and you must be considered the original owner/writer of a work in order to claim a share of the composition. Because covers are not considered new, original material, you are unable to collect royalties on the composition share of cover works you record and release.
Articles in this section
- Will Symphonic Distribution collect royalties if I don't sign up to the Publishing Administration service?
- How do I report set lists to my PRO?
- Do I still need to register my songs with the US Copyright Office?
- Is my record label my publisher?
- My Record Label claims to be the publisher of my song(s). Can I still sign up?
- Does Publishing Administration replace me working with a PRO?
- Do I need to register my songs directly with my PRO?
- Will you sign me up with a PRO?
- Is my PRO my publisher?
- What Is Sound Exchange?